MEET YOUR THERAPIST
My name is Sara Church, and I am a licensed clinical mental health counselor. I have 12 years of experience in behavioral health with individuals, couples, and families needing support through complex life problems. I recognize how difficulties in emotional health can impact all life areas, and limit one’s ability to grow into the person they’re meant to be. I am experienced in treating a variety of issues in children, teens, and adults. My therapeutic approach centers around the identified needs of the person in treatment, as well as the strengths they possess. Ultimately, therapy is meant for developing a deeper understanding of ourselves and our environment. In doing so, we are able to access love, happiness, peace, balance, and/or purpose where it has been difficult to find without guidance. It is my responsibility to support and empower my clients while holding them accountable to the goals they have set for themselves.
My theoretical platform draws from humanist, attachment, and feminist theories. I also find behavioral and cognitive behavioral strategies to be effective. In regards to trauma resolution, I am trained in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Narrative Exposure Therapy.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- I accept self-pay clients. Please contact the office with questions related to cost of treatment.
- I accept Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and United Health Care insurances.
- I am dedicated to scheduling an appointment within one week of you contacting our office.
- I will return all phone calls/emails within 24 hours.
- Sessions range from 45-60 minutes in length.
- Your dedication to treatment is essential for progress.